Thursday, March 25, 2010

Favorites...
I suppose we all have favorites when it comes to our work, and I have to admit this is one of mine: Magda, Queen of the Mice.

Of course I am close to The Pirate's Daughter, a customer favorite and an award-winner. She is my wild spirit, my irrepressible, willful, independent child. My wind-whipped, redheaded girl of the high seas.
But Magda is a secret favorite in my heart. She has a spirit of her own that is mysterious and maybe a little dark. With her bed-head and her off-kilter crown, her party dress and romper stomper boots, she's tough and fearless and doesn't care if she doesn't fit in with the status quo.
And I do love the mice, as well. The mice always make me smile.

5 comments:

  1. I do love this one, but the pirate's daughter is still my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once had a blog, early before adopting Sally, called the Pirate's Daughter because it encompassed so much of my personality. The love of the sword, the sea and parrots. Unconventional, always eccentric and a tad mad. Both images are stunning, I am partial to Magda because Paloma was born in the year of the rat. Plus I love that aside from all of her daring, she still covets that corset. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely have to add Madga to the crumb's collection ~ she is a very soulful character!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is Magda so angry about? I guess I'd be angry if I had to wear that stiff-as-cardboard
    top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love absolutely every little thing about Magda! She looks exactly like the kind of girl I wanted to be as a kid. Still do! ;)

    ReplyDelete